We are excited to welcome you to Distortions Monster World. To ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members, we are closely following all updates regarding COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), the City and County of Denver, and the State of Colorado. Our staff follows the cleaning methods and procedures outlined in the CDC guidelines.
While we do our best to disinfect all touch points throughout the day, please note that many of our props cannot be physically disinfected. For this reason, we strongly suggest that you are mindful of the props and adhere to CDC guidelines for hand washing and hand sanitizing. Please do not wipe down the props.
We ask that anyone experiencing symptoms that resemble COVID-19 (e.g., fever, nausea, shortness of breath, etc.) to reschedule their visit at no cost. You can reschedule your visit up until the time reflected on your ticket using the link sent with a confirmation email.
How we are tackling COVID-19:
- Tickets are sold online only to reduce the amount of contact between guests and team members. You are welcome to order your tickets using your phone and present them to the team members when it is your time slot. Note: tickets are non-refundable.
- Our retail store is cashless and only accepts credit card payments to reduce the amount of contact between guests and team members.
- In accordance with the City of Denver “Face Covering Order,” all guests are asked to wear a mask when they are visiting Earth Illuminated/Monster World except for when taking pictures.
- Team members are required to wear a face mask and/or shield at all times.
- Our spaces will be deep cleaned before opening and at the end of the day.
- Team Members will be cleaning throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the attraction.
- No food or drink are allowed.
- Visitors are asked to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others when able.
- Only groups of 10 or less are admitted at one time. Be prepared to arrive early and to be invited to enter in fazes to allow proper spacing for all parties. Some delays may occur.
- A time limit of 1 hour per ticketed time slot is allowed.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- We ask that anyone experiencing symptoms that resemble COVID-19 (e.g., fever, nausea, shortness of breath, etc.) to reschedule their visit at no cost. You can reschedule your visit up until the time reflected on your ticket using the link sent with a confirmation email.
- Staff are required to stay home if they feel sick, or if they have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- If an employee contracts COVID-19, the employee will be asked to stay home until:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since a fever was detected
- Respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved
- At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- Documentation of a negative test result for COVID-19